Large Format Poster Printing
Posters will ONLY be printed on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons until we are permanently relocated to the Science Building. Please make sure you have your poster to me in time to meet these print days.
Please review all guidelines (below) prior to submitting posters. To submit a poster for printing, you MUST fill out the Poster Submission form and submit it electronically. E-mail your poster file (PowerPoint (preferred), PDF, JPEG, PNG or TIFF format) to email@example.com. Your document will be printed within five (5) working days of submission of the form and poster file.
All charges for poster printing are done through inter-account billing to departments only. Cash payments for printing services are not accepted. Cost for printing is not meant to be profitable to the College, but only to cover our costs for paper and ink so that we can continue to provide this service to the College and University.
|Heavyweight Coated Paper||HCP||42", 36", & 24"||
$1.75 sq. ft.
$2.50 sq. ft.
$3.25 sq. ft.
$3.75 sq. ft.
Semi-Gloss Photo Paper
(recommended for best
|SGP||42", 36",& 24"||
$2.00 sq. ft.
$2.75 sq. ft.
$3.50 sq. ft.
$4.00 sq. ft.
Prices will vary depending on the coverage and saturation of your backgrounds/images in your document. You can estimate additional costs based on the following:
0-29%: This would apply to any posters that are black text on a white background with minimal (1 or 2) small graphics.
30-50%: This would apply to any poster that has colored text on white background with several colored graphics.
51-99%: This would apply to any poster that has a light colored or pastel background (25% or more of background) and/or several graphics and/or colored text.
100% : This applies to posters that have a dark background and white or light colored text. It also applies to posters that have backgrounds that are more than 25% dark or saturated color coverage.
- All requests for printing MUST be made by first completing a Poster Submission Form. If form is not complete, your poster will not be printed until a complete form is submitted. Once the poster submission form has been submitted, email your poster file in PowerPoint (preferred), PDF, JPEG, PNG or TIFF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting a PDF, please make sure the PDF file is sized in dimensions that correspond to those of the printed poster.
- All posters are printed on a first come, first served basis. The sooner your poster is submitted, the better your chances of having it when you need it. All information should be submitted at least 5 business days prior to the date the poster is needed. Printing services can not be guaranteed for posters that are submitted less than one week prior to the date they are needed.
- Every effort will be made to print your poster however, if we are unable to print your poster, you can contact Printing Services in the Coates Building.
- Requests which arrive after 3:00 pm WILL NOT BE PRINTED until the next business day (at the earliest).
- Please DO NOT submit postscript files. Files should be in one of the following formats: Powerpoint (preferred), PDF, JPEG, PNG or TIFF.
- All posters are charged based on printable area only, not paper size. The smallest sized paper will be used when possible, but some trimming may be necessary depending on the size of the poster submitted. Trimming the poster is the responsibility of the submitter.
- If a student is requesting a poster, the faculty member should fill out the submission form in order to provide us with a valid organizational code. It is NOT recommended that faculty give these codes to students in order to fill out the form.
- It is NOT our responsibility to inspect posters for typographical errors or placement of text boxes within a workable margin (please allow at least 1/2 inch margin on all sides of your document). If you make the mistake, you will be responsible for payment of additional prints.
- Everything will be done to assure color matches, but exact matches are not always possible. We will do our best to maintain appropriate color matches.
- Documents are not proof read prior to printing. It is the responsibility of the author to make sure all errors are resolved prior to final printing of the document.