• Biology (B.S. concentrations in: Aquatic Biology, Biodiversity and Conservation, Botany, General Biology, Biology Teaching);
• Biomedical Sciences, (B.S. concentrations in: Biomedical Research, Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Physician Assistant, Pre-Veterinary);
• Wildlife Management (B.S. concentrations in: Conservation Management and Game Management);
• Biology (M.S. concentrations in: Applied Ecology, General Biology).
• Chemistry (B.S. concentrations in: Biochemistry (ACS certification optional), Chemistry, Chemistry Teaching, Pre-Health including Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical, Pre-Optometry, or Pre-Physician Assistant);
• Chemistry (M.S.);
• Forensic Science (B.S. concentrations in: Forensic Chemistry; Forensic Biology);
ACCELERATED 3+2 DUAL DEGREE PROGRAM:
• Chemistry (B.S. concentrations in Biochemistry, Pre-Medical, or Pre-Dental; Chemistry) + Chemistry, (M.S.).
• Forensic Science (B.S. concentrations in Forensic Chemistry) + Chemistry, (M.S.).
MINORS: Chemistry, Chemistry Teaching, Forensic Science.
• Computer Science (B.S. concentrations in: Artificial Intelligence in Data Science; Computer Science (General); Computer Forensics and Security; Computer Technology; Interactive Multimedia);
• Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity (B.S.)
• Applied Computing (M.S. concentrations in: Bioinformatics; Business Computing; Industrial Computing; Software Engineering & Computer Security, Statistical Computing).
MINORS: Computer Science, Informatics, Game Content and Design, Cyber Security and Intelligence.
CERTIFICATE: Productivity, Innovation, and Technology.
• General Studies (A.G.S. concentrations in: Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Geology);
• Geographic Information Systems (B.S.);
• Geology (B.S. concentrations in: Academic, Professional).
MINORS: Earth Science Teaching, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Geology.
CERTIFICATE: Geographic Information Systems
• General Studies (A.G.S. concentration in: Mathematical Sciences);
• Mathematics (B.S. concentrations in Mathematics, Mathematics Teaching);
• Statistics (B.S.);
• Mathematical Sciences (M.S. concentrations in: Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics).
MINORS: Actuarial Science, Mathematical Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematics/Teaching, Statistics.
• General Studies (A.G.S. concentration in: Physics & Engineering);
• Physics (B.S. concentrations in: General Physics; Engineering Physics, Physics Teaching).
MINORS: Physics & Physics/Teaching.
EKU has a number of programs that will help prepare students for professional schools following graduation. These schools generally do not require a specific major, provided that their prerequisite courses are taken. All professional schools are highly competitive in their admissions process. Thus, students should aim for strong GPA and professional school admission test scores. Students are encouraged to seek a major that they feel comfortable with, that they have a strong aptitude for, that is interesting and challenging, and that provides additional career options.
The College of Science currently offers Pre-Professional offerings in: Pre-Medical Sciences, Pre-Dentistry, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Veterinary Medicine, and Pre-Engineering.
For more information regarding the Pre-Professional programs offered by the College of Science, please visit our Pre-Professional Programs page.